Our Enquiry Process
We offer an Initial Virtual Consultation:
If you have a chimney: 'New Enquiry Form Chimney'.
If you don't have a chimney: 'New Enquiry Form No Chimney'
Our process begins with the Virtual Consultation forms above. We can give you guidance from the photos and info and some pretty accurate ballpark figures so you know if your project is ‘do-able’ for you before you invest too much time in it. We can then do an in-person inspection to produce a formal quote.
Many installers refer to this as a Chimney Survey. It’s important to be clear – a chimney survey or chimney surveyor is a rare, if not an impossible beast – we can inspect, we can use our 19 years experience, we can draw on our industry knowledge. We don’t like calling our inspections surveys because that term implies a professional chimney surveyor qualification – and there is no such thing!
You should be aware that a cursory visual check is NOT sufficient to judge if an installation can be carried out safely or will be insurable. A good question to ask potential installers is ‘how do you know my chimney is safe to line’!
We are a HETAS registered installation company, giving you a more thorough, technically competent, and transparent service.
We won’t just issue a certificate of self-certification – we’ll give you a detailed audit trail and explanation of Building Regulation requirements to give you a safe installation and future security for your installation.
The Green Man Stoves enquiry process
- Submit appropriate form (see above)
- Email from Green Man Stoves outlining costs and possible works involved
- Detailed internal and external inspection:
a) CCTV of an existing Chimney
b) Design new chimney system (if you don’t already have one)
- Detailed report and quotation
- On acceptance of a detailed quotation, a deposit is paid and dates set for works to commence
So where to start?
Fill in the appropriate form above and send it to us.
Depending on our findings from your initial form, we’ll:
- Visit to undertake a Detailed Inspection, including a Chimney Inspection
- Visit to undertake a visual inspection only
- Visit to design a new chimney system (if you don’t have a chimney yet)
The type of photos we’ll find helpful If you do have a chimney...
The type of photos we’ll find helpful If you don't have a chimney...